If you need to re-mortgage your home, you will need to instruct experienced residential conveyancers to assist with the legal aspects of your re-mortgage.
BRM's expert property team will carry out your mortgage lender's requirement including:
- Checking the terms and conditions of your mortgage offer. We will tell you if there are any particular requirements you need to fulfill for your re-mortgage.
- If your mortgage lender requests that searches are carried our on your property (such as land registry searches and local authority searches), we will do this for you.
- Reviewing the title deeds for your property so that we can advise your mortgage lender that your property details on the instructions for your re-mortgage are correct.
- Notify your mortgage lender if there are any issues with title to your property.
- Preparing the mortgage deed.
- Carry out a bankruptcy search on each of the borrowers named in the application on your re-mortgage. We will also carry out a search for any land charges which may have been applied on the property you are re-mortgaging.
- When the date of completion for the re-mortgage has been agreed, we will contact your mortgage lender to obtain details of the redemption figure for the current mortgage.
- Complete the Certificate on Title.
- Notify the Land Registry of the re-mortgage as the new mortgage must be registered with them.