Date Posted: 19 December 2019
Salary:£Dependent upon experience
Employment Type:09:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday
Application Deadline: Open
We are seeking an experienced Office Manager to be based in the Chesterfield office.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing day to day operation and running of 2 offices, to ensure smooth and efficient running of the office and business.
- Procurement for the firm, dealing with Suppliers/Contractors, negotiating and monitoring suppler agreements.
- HR, recruitment, inductions, personnel records, DBS checks, training, record keeping for holidays and absence, processing salaries with accountants, performance management, disciplinary, grievance and exit procedures. Liaising and arranging advice with internal employment solicitors and other Directors.
- Providing support to Policy Group, Directors, Fee Earners and Support Staff,
- Attending Board Meetings, taking minutes, producing agenda’s. Compilation of documents required for AGM.
- Renewal of Practising certificates, CQS and ensuring continuing competence, arranging training firm wide and ensuring regulatory requirements are met. Arranging and assisting in the renewal of insurances required by the business.
- To ensure that the Office Manual, Business Continuity, Risk Assessments are reviewed and updated. Ensuring the firm is compliant in respect of Health & Safety
- Understanding and assisting the compliance officers to ensure that the firm’s money laundering, regulatory, compliance procedures, GDPR are adhered to.
- To assist with preparation of company’s annual budgets, forecasts and other financial analysis, Profit and loss by department, ensuring Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) Accounts Rules are adhered to. Working with the Accounts team. Assisting with Management Accounts.
- Debt collecting & Credit Control.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of all the firm’s and clients documentation and/or information. To oversee and implement procedures for storage, retrieval, destroy of client files/documents.
- Assist the COLP and COFA in ensuring adequate record keeping/ compliance in accordance with SRA guidelines.
- To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person, when necessary.
- Managing some of the support staff.
- Liaising with the IT Manager and IT providers including problem solving where required.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate who can meet the following criteria:
- Experience as Office or Practice Manager within the legal sector is essential.
- Excellent administration, communication, organisational, time-management and people skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain confidentiality at all times, common sense approach to problem solving.
- Flexible attitude and ability to adapt, willing to provide assistance and support where and when it is needed, professional, courteous, using own initiative.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Accounts experience is essential.
Please email applications (including CV and covering letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications may also be submitted by post to our Practice Manager at the following address:
Mrs Alison Tyson