As part of our residential land acquisition work, our Development Team liaises closely with our Plot Sales Team, to ensure a smooth sales process which includes laying the initial groundwork for setting up the estates. This includes setting up the management company, drafting and compiling the plot sales documents for use by the plot sales team and overseeing the completion of infrastructure documents.
We understand the need to make the process as streamlined as possible for your customers and to have a friendly team that recognises the importance of picking up the phone and communicating with your customers’ legal advisors and yourself to assist where possible in driving transactions forward and considering solutions when there are blocks in chains. We know the importance to your business of meeting exchange and completion deadlines.
Our Development Team and Plot Sales Team meet with you at the pre-start stage and continue to work together to resolve any issues arising during the sales programme and can offer assistance on second seller matters.
As the Development Team and Plot Sales Team work closely together, the aim is to ensure that the Development Team deals with the following main aspects supporting the development site:
- Liaising with the corporate team to set up the management company;
- Negotiating the management agreement with managing agents;
- Negotiating the future transfer of the managed land (green spaces, play equipment, private roads and paths, etc) including the drafting of the contract and transfer;
- Negotiating infrastructure deeds (roads, sewers and drainage and other services apparatus);
- Drafting the plot sales contract, plot transfer and/or apartment lease (including any FOG leases);
- Drafting and negotiating the Affordable Housing Development Agreements, be it on a turnkey or golden brick basis;
- Assisting with the handover of the managed land to the Management Company at the end of the development;
- Liaising with our corporate team in relation to the handover of the Management Company to the plot purchasers.
The Plots Sales Team gives a personal service to our clients in relation to the following types of matters:
- Finalising estate layout plans with developer’s architects and managing the approval process with the Land Registry;
- Managing a streamlined approach to obtaining certificates and consents from third parties, including overage beneficiaries’ solicitors and developers’ lenders;
- Managing the sales of market plots from deducing the supporting information sheet and documentation via a data room through to exchange and completion;
- Managing the post exchange aspects of the Affordable Housing disposals;
- Dealing with part exchange purchases to break chains; and
- Where required, assisting developers with post-completion matters, such as enquiries raised on second sales.
The Development Team and Plot Sales Team is happy to work with clients in relation to sights acquired via different firms as well as dealing with sales and leaseback of show homes, bulk sales and freehold reversions.